Friday 3 September 2010

IGCSE Results are out

The IGCSE provsional results are out and I finally have some time to blog about it. Before I reveal what I got I will remind everyone which subjects I took. I was examined in nine subjects. They are: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, ICT(Information and Communication Technology), Economics, First Language English and Foreign Language Malay (Core Syllabus).
And here are my results:
Physics                         - A*
Chemistry                     - A*
Biology                         - A*
Mathematics                 - A*
Additional Mathematics - A*
ICT                               - A*
Economics                     - A*
First Language English    - A*
Foreign Language Malay - C

I am not in the least disappointed with the C I got for Malay. I took the core Syllabus for Malay. If you take the core syllabus for any subject the maximum grade you can get is a C. So I got the maximum possible grade for all my subjects.

6 comments:

Kian Seng said...

What does provisional results mean?

I am quite interested in knowing the percentage we got for each subject, apparnetly the school is privy to such knowledge...

Srikanth said...

Congratulations.You got the highest grade possible for Malay!That's surprising

Ashwin Narayan said...

Highest possible with the syllabus I took. Of course If had taken the extended version of the exam the maximum grade I could have got was an A*.

The provisional results are the ones you got. You haven't go the official Cambridge certificate yet. The time between the release of the provisional results and the official certificate can be used by the candidates to request for a remarking of the paper if he/she feels that he/she could have scored more. The time is also used by Cambridge to correct any errors that might have occurred during marking. They recheck everything.

Kian Seng said...

Oh I forgot to congratulate you as well!

You did very well and you totally deserved the results with the amount of time you poured into it, unlike me who sorta floated through Yr 11. =D

Though I am just as happy with my 10 A*s and that unfortunate A, I still feel that I deserved an A* for add math, considering that its the only subject I worked so darn hard for and the others, I barely did much for them.

Well I guess thats how life is. If my results were to equal the amount of work I put in each subject, I'll get probably only one A*...

Unlimited wants and needs eh?

Ashwin Narayan said...

Thank you. I congratulate you on your results as well. By the way, have you met any Jedi Knights yet? Refer to this post: http://ashwinnarayan.blogspot.com/2010/03/more-proof-that-world-is-crazy-place.html

Kian Seng said...

No I have not....I am always on the lookout for flashing sabers and people in hooded robes or significant "tremors" in the force..

Won't be surprised the earthquake recently that hit us was a direct result of a "disturbance" in the force. :p